Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

L'OREAL Miss Candy Gellie Collection Summer 2013 - Swatches and Review


Hello beauties. Happy Monday! Tonight I have the L'OREAL Miss Candy Gellie's to share with you.   I choose 4 from the collection of 8.



The swatches below were all taken indoors under direct and indirect light.  The darker color, shows what the polish looks like in the shade. I also tried to capture the true gellie effect with direct lighting. 

Bananarama Love
Starting with one of my favorites from the collection is this lovely yellow. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do but it's really nice. It leans more warm on me which creates a softer look. I used 4 coats here (I think). Honestly I stopped counting after 2 coats, I just knew I would stop once I got the effect that I wanted. 

Direct Light

Indirect Light

Lilac Coolers
A soft lilac gellie. I used 3 coats. 

Direct Light

Indirect Light

Mango Mamma
Orange leaning red gellie. This one is really pretty but I just don't like it on me. I've seen it look great on other skin tones though.  I debated between this one and the green (Creme de Mint) for a few minutes. I went with the orange because the green didn't look very gellie in the bottle. I may just go back and pick-up Creme de Mint.

Direct Light 

Indirect Light

Miss Pixie
I can't say that I wear blue polish often but I'm really loving this blue.  I'm wearing it today, lol. I used 3 coats  to complete the gellie look.  The blue is very vibrant I would say it's a medium royal blue. 

Direct Light 

Indirect Light


Overall these Gellie's are a beast! LOL, I've been debating on getting them for a few weeks and finally broke down.and I'm glad I did! The application can be a little tricky but nothing out of the usual for a jelly (gellie).  For most of the polishes I used 3 coats, but the yellow required more (of course). I'm wearing Miss Pixie and got through the day without any chipping. There is slight tip wear though.

A negative for some would be the application of numerous coats and the possibility of bubbling. I did have slight bubbles on the mani I wore today. I'm not sure if it's from too many coats of polish or my top coat.  My previous mani had bubbles also, it may be the topcoat, but I thought I'd mention it.

If you love jellies you may want to consider these. I found this set in Walgreen's and they retail for about $5.99.  Last week they were BOGO 1/2 off if you had a Walgreen's Card.  They weren't marked, they just rang up that way.  I'm not sure if they are still BOGO 1/2 off but it's worth a shot if you're interested in them. They are Limited Edition so there is a chance they won't be around for long.






19 comments:

  1. Mango Mamma looks so juicy and yummy! Your swatches are awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Em. Gee. Miss Pixie is to die for!!! I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blue. will check em out. do you have any suggestions for a Navy jelly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color Club Blue-topia should be pretty easy to find.

      Delete
    2. I have it but it's not a jelly :(

      Delete
    3. That's odd. My bottle is definitely a jelly. Maybe you can try Lippmann Rehab or NARS Midnight Express.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I picked up the purple and green ones last week. You're making me wish I would've gotten the yellow one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the yellow one. I'm gonna try the green soon :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! I have not seen any L'Oreal that impressed me enough to want to search drug stores for them (few where I live carry L'Oreal but I am out of town seems forever on cancer surg and treatment right now so I have a lot of visits to drug stores and a lot of 'em around to pick from)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. I just realized I've never done a L'OREAL post. They have some stunners.

      I'm sorry to hear about your cancer surgery. I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!!

      Delete
  6. They all look great but the blue is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up the blue and the yellow one at Walgreen's and yes, they are still BOGO 1/2 off. I think I am going back to get the green one too. You didn't show it but it is just as gorgeous as these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the green one today, LOL. Hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah the blue is amazing. It really grabs your attention.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails